Friday, September 24, 2010
Homemade Goodie Tags
I fell in love with these wonderful labels on a blog I follow. The design, the colors of the glitter, everything. Lately I've been making lots of goodies for neighbors and friends, and I thought it would be fun to use this inspiration to create a newer, better tag for them.
For this recipe you'll need:
• A bold decorative font. I'm showing Beffle here, (free), but I used a different (non-free) font that I own.
• Decorative border illustration. You'll see I only used a portion of it (this particular pattern is a little more expensive than what we like to share, but it's one I've had forever and use over and over again in different ways. There are lots of less expensive alternatives there that you can use in the same way).
• decorative elements: dots, diamonds, I just drew my own
• a color palette that you love. I used summer sky blue, pale green, platinum and silver grays
I started in with the scroll design. I duplicated and rotated the pieces until I liked the way it balanced out, then I drew a round-cornered rectangle in the negative space inside it. I placed the text on a curve, then filled in the rest of the white space with diamonds, dots, and pieces of my scroll design til everything was balanced. I finished by creating a framed border that reflected the shape of what I created.
Print on cardstock and trim.
Finished! Just need to add my recipient's name, attach to the plate and deliver!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Designer. Typography geek. Entrepreneur.
Follow me on twitter, read my blog, be my friend on FaceBook, or check out more of my work.