This charming Free Compliments Poster from Kind Over Matter caught my attention right away! What a fun way to be creative and make someone smile at the same time. This could be pinned to a bulletin board in offices, restaurants, coffee shops or right in your kitchen.
- Rounded corner rectangle and a label shape. Most image editing programs have these custom shapes built in.
- Masking Tape Brush or other graphic file. I found this Photoshop tape brush set at ThinkDesign.
- Typewriter font and handwritten font. This typewriter font is called Another Typewriter and is from dafont. The handwritten font is CAC Pinafore also from dafont.
- Dotted line graphic which can easily be created in any image editing software.
- Background pattern. I used a 12x12 background paper from the Eco Friendly Collection Mini at Scrap Girls.
Create a new 8.5x11 document in your image editing software. Fill the top of the page with your chosen pattern. Next, place your rounded corner rectangle shape in the center of your patterned background. Now add your text on top of the rectangle. Create your label shape for the upper left hand corner of the rounded rectangle background. I did this using a standard custom shape in Photoshop.
Now you add your own fun saying on the label. I also added two pieces of tape using the Photoshop brush that I found at ThinkDesign. The next step is to create a dotted line for the cut lines between the compliments. I did this using circle brush in Photoshop. I simply increased the spacing of the brush. I duplicated that layer several times to create the multiple dotted cut lines at the bottom of the page. The last step is to fill your unique compliments and you are all done!
Here is the finished product! I chose a happy color palette and pattern to add even more playfulness to the concept. I plan to print this out and put it in my kitchen to serve as a reminder to my family that they are loved and appreciated.