Animal groupings in design have been catching my eye lately. Easter seems like the perfect holiday to make some animal-patterned stationery.
1) A dingbat animal font. I downloaded Pixelfarms Pets from Dafont.com
2) Script style font. I handwrote my own greeting:
(update: just posted as a download here)
1) In Illustrator, I started by typing out the alphabet in the Pixelfarms Pets font, then converted it to outlines (Type > Create Outlines), then ungrouped the font so I could move the animals around individually.
2) I drew a circle to use as my outline. I then started adding animals into the circle, making some larger and more predominant, and using smaller animals to fill in any gaps.
3) When I was happy with the placement of the animals, I deleted my circle outline.
4) Type in your greeting. I used the cheesy line "Somebunny Loves You."
5) You can print your design out as a greeting cards, or in my case, I printed it out in vellum and used it as a gift tag.